Showing 86 results

Places
Places term Scope note Results
13-15 Babington Path (1)
  • Current site of the residential building called Shing Kai Mansion. Granted by the Government in 1862 as part of a larger lot enclosed by Lyttelton Road, Oaklands Avenue, Babington Path and Robinson Road. Two adjoining houses constructed on the site were used by St. Stephen’s Hall from 1930 to 1955. The houses were demolished in the 1960s to make way for the construction of Shing Kai Mansion.
0
84 Pok Fu Lam Road (2)
  • Current site of the residential complex called Fulham Garden. Granted by the Government to Dr Ma Luk in 1923, on which two mansions were constructed. The mansions were demolished in the 1970s to make way for the construction of Fulham Garden, completed in 1975.
0
Aw Boon Haw Wing (5)
  • Also known as the “New Wing”. Completed in 1979 as part of the College extension programme. For undergraduate residence.
37
Backyard Lawn
  • The lawn at the back of the Marden Wing. Known as “後 lawn” in Chinese.
11
Billiard Room (TV Room / College Bar)
  • Located on the mezzanine floor of the Marden Wing. Called the “TV Room” in the 1980s and 1990s. Named as the “College Bar” in 2012. Renamed as the “Billiard Room” in 2019.
11
Carpark
  • Completed in 1979 as part of the College extension programme.
12
Chong Yuet Ming Amenities Centre
  • Completed in 1994.
0
Chung Chi College
  • Chung Chi College was founded in 1951 and moved into its permanent site in Ma Liu Shui, the New Territories in 1956. It was one of the three founding colleges of The Chinese University of Hong Kong.
1
College Chapel
  • Located on the 4th floor of the Liang Chi Hao Centre. Formally named “Chapel of Epiphany”.
4
College Library
  • Located on the 1st floor of the Liang Chi Hao Centre. Formally named “Lee Foundation Library”.
13
College Office
  • Located on the 1st floor of the Aw Boon Haw Wing.
0
Common Corridor
  • The covered corridor connecting the Marden Wing with the Aw Boon Haw Wing. Completed in 1979 as part of the College extension programme.
2
Dining Hall
  • Located on the 3rd floor of the Liang Chi Hao Centre. Formally named “Bradbury Hall” from 1979 to 2012, and “Danny Ho Bradbury Hall” from 2012 to present.
406
Dr Ma Luk’s Mansions (demolished)
  • In existence from 1923 to 1970s. The mansion on the north side (84A Pok Fu Lam Road) was owned by St. John’s College in the 1960s and named as “Barnett House” in memory of Archdeacon E. J. Barnett.
1
East Wing (demolished)
  • In existence from 1912 to 1960s. Demolished as part of St. Paul’s College’s redevelopment programme.
7
Eighth Floor (Florence Heights)
  • Located on the 8th floor of the Marden Wing. For female undergraduate residents.
26
Eliot Hall
  • Completed in 1914.
0
Entrance Lobby
  • Entrance and lift lobby of the Marden Wing on the ground floor of the building.
11
Entrance Porch
  • The covered entrance of the Liang Chi Hao Centre located on the ground floor of the building.
2
Entrance Terrace
  • The open area outside the Marden Wing.
154
Fairlea (demolished)
  • In existence from 1880s to 1920s. A European-styled building which housed the Fairlea Girls’ School from around 1883 to 1912. Fairlea School moved out of the site in 1912 to make way for the opening of St. John’s Hall.
1
Fifth Floor (Fifth Floor Fraternity)
  • Located on the 5th floor of the Marden Wing. For male undergraduate residents.
4
First Floor (Home of the Adventurers)
  • Located on the 3rd floor of the Aw Boon Haw Wing. For male undergraduate residents.
20
Flora Ho Sports Centre
  • Completed in 1984.
7
Former Outdoor Education Centre of the Department of Geography and Geology
  • Located in Ngong Ping, Lantau Island. Currently the YHA Ngong Ping SG Davis Youth Hostel.
1
Fourth Floor (House of Lords)
  • Located on the 4th floor of the Marden Wing. For male undergraduate residents.
17
Fulham Garden
  • Completed in 1975.
5
Fung Ping Shan Building
  • Completed in 1932 as the “Fung Ping Shan Library”.
0
Graduate House
  • Completed in 1998.
0
Haking Wong Building / Podium
  • Completed in 1982.
100
Ho Tung Garden (demolished)
  • In existence from 1939 to 1960s. Demolished as part of St. Paul’s College’s redevelopment programme.
1
Hong Kong City Hall
  • Municipal cultural complex located in Central, Hong Kong. Completed in 1962.
21
Hong Kong Hilton (demolished)
  • Hotel located in Central, Hong Kong. In existence from 1963 to 1995.
2
Hsu Long Sing Amenities Centre (demolished)
  • Located above the Haking Wong Podium. In existence from 1985 to 2011. Housed the offices of the Hong Kong University Students’ Union.
16
Hui Oi Chow Science Building
  • Completed in 1981.
1
K. K. Leung Building / Podium
  • Completed in 1988.
7
Knowles Building
  • Completed in 1973.
0
Laundry Area
  • Located on the 3rd floor of the Liang Chi Hao Centre, at the back of the Dining Hall.
1
Leung Wing Chiu Steps (Entrance Steps)
  • The staircase connecting the Pok Fu Lam Road street level with the terrace outside the Marden Wing. Completed in 1955. Named as “Leung Wing Chiu Steps” in 1992.
43
Liang Chi Hao Centre (8)
  • Completed in 1979 as part of the College extension programme. Common facility block.
7
Library Building
  • Completed in 1961 (Old Wing) and 1990 (New Wing).
4
Lily Pond
  • Constructed in the 1950s. Located between the Run Run Shaw Building and the Knowles Building.
0
Lindsay Ride Sports Centre (demolished)
  • In existence from 1963 to 2020.
11
Loke Yew Hall
  • Completed in 1912 and extended in the 1950s. Formerly known as the “Great Hall” and renamed as the “Loke Yew Hall” in 1956 in memory of Dr Loke Yew.
12
Main Building (1)
  • Completed in 1912 and extended in the 1950s.
6
Main Campus (20)
  • The Main Campus is the oldest campus of the University of Hong Kong, covering about 14 hectares of land in the Bonham Road and Pokfulam area of the Hong Kong Island.
6
Marden Wing (15)
  • Also known as the "Old Wing". Completed in 1955. For undergraduate residence.
140
May Hall
  • Completed in 1915.
0
Meng Wah Complex
  • Completed in 1995.
0
Ninth Floor (Kew Gardens)
  • Located on the 5th floor of the Aw Boon Haw Wing. For female undergraduate residents.
20
Results 1 to 50 of 86