Fairlea (demolished)



Scope note(s)

  • In existence from 1880s to 1920s. A European-styled building which housed the Fairlea Girls’ School from around 1883 to 1912. Fairlea School moved out of the site in 1912 to make way for the opening of St. John’s Hall.

Source note(s)

Display note(s)

Hierarchical terms

Fairlea (demolished)

Fairlea (demolished)

Equivalent terms

Fairlea (demolished)

Associated terms

Fairlea (demolished)

1 Archival description results for Fairlea (demolished)

1 results directly related Exclude narrower terms

St. John's Hall Group Photo, c.1915-1925

A group photo of the members of St. John's Hall probably taken between 1915 and 1925, judging by the fact that the Hall's second Warden the Reverend C. B. Shann (tenure: 1915-1931) was present in the group (seated, left 8), and that the building "Fairlea" (demolished by 1925) is shown on the left. This photo was taken on the terrace at the back of the East Wing of St. John's Hall. Behind the parapet wall on which the residents in the last row stood would have been a flight of steps leading down to Pokfulam Road on the right.